Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23


Tuesday, February 11, 2014

November 2013 to January 2014

Inspired by a fellow blogger friend of mine and some spare time from our Louisiana "snowless" snow day, I've decided to take a few minutes to update our blog.  No school and no ballet today means I actually have some time to give this poor neglected thing some attention.

Homeschooling has been going very smoothly lately.  I think my little school girl (who is not seeming so little to me all the sudden lately) has finally accepted me as her "teacher."  I remember several times last year during our preschool time she asserted that she did not want her mommy as her teacher.  I think it might have something to do with our similarly bossy personalities crashing head on....a lot.  My little sister recently shared a quote with me about not calling little girls bossy saying instead that they have leadership skills.  I like that much better.  I love my little school girl for her "leadership skills" and I think she is finally realizing that her "leadership skills" will never win over her mother's.  She's learning respect....finally.  Which is a very important life skill, by the way! 

Along with finally learning some respect, our little school girl is sailing along with her other "subjects."  In fact, just yesterday we were joking about her wearing her "smarty pants" after reading several books to me all by herself!  Even little sis (who is now 3) is really starting to become interested in school.  I just recently discovered she can just about recognize all of her capital letters and knows most of their sounds!  Little sis is always so silly making us laugh with all her craziness.  She has just shown no interest in being serious about learning.  When asked what sound the letter A makes, she usually answers us with a raspberry from her tiny little tongue.  Now, she will actually tell us some letter sounds before resorting to the raspberry.  She is so cute. 

Anyway, I just wanted to take a few minutes to update the blog with our progress this year and some pictures from our holidays.  Now, I have to get back to preparing for our homeschool co-op tomorrow.  Now that our weather scare has been found out to be nothing more than just really cold air with light rain, I'm pretty sure it will be business as usually tomorrow for us. Take care if you are having some really bad weather and I hope you enjoy the picture update. 

 
 November 2013
 

 
 First Thanksgiving Feast with friends from our homeschool co-op
 

 
Me and my little sister at her 1st half marathon

 
Family time at the state fair 


 
Little Keeper Club...we collected canned food for a local drive and decorated pillow cases to send to our troops



December 2013
 
Ballet fun at the annual Christmas ballet....The Guardians of Christmas!  

 
Jack Frost...her favorite character!!!


 

Little Keeper Club Christmas Party!


 
Lots of fun family time at Christmas!

 
Decorating gingerbread houses
 
 
Decorating the tree
 
 
Visiting Santa!  Got to love the surprised reindeer in the background...lol!

 
Getting their annual ornament from Red the Elf

 
Time with goofy cousins


 
Walking in the woods behind my grandmother's house.  I used to walk in these same woods with my grandparents when I was a child.  I love this place. 

 
A fairy hat the Little School Girl and I concocted on our walk
 
January 2014
 
Going to see Frozen at the Boardwalk!

 
Back to school!  An activity to go with our book study of The Mitten.  How many stuffed animals can we fit into our "mitten?"

 
This many!

 
We found icicles.....in Louisiana! 

 
Making our own snow....since none will come to us.  A fun little science experiment using baking soda and shaving cream.

 
The Little School Girl's snowman

 
Pour vinegar over the "snow" mixture and you have a SNOWMAN MASSACRE!!! 

 
Fieldtrip to the science museum to see the Lego exhibit and other fun

 
Yes, that is a real snake.  Little School girl loved it.  Me?  Not so much.  I may have had a mini heart attack.


 
The Little School girl lost her first tooth on my birthday!  For some reason this is the only picture I got that day of her missing tooth.  I did get a hilarious video though. 

 
Another cute snaggle tooth picture with one of her ballet friends who also lost her first tooth recently.  :)

 
Our Cat had her kittens in January.  Lots of questions from the Little School Girl about that.  Anybody want one???

 
Not the best picture but that's some serious kitten cuteness there! 

 
Of course we spent time at one of our most favorite places....the library.  :)

 
A second field trip in January.  This one to the local weather station



 
And we wrapped up January with a yoga play date with some sweet friends

 
That is some serious yoga cuteness! 
 
Sorry for the lengthy post!  Hope you all are having a great February so far and I hope you are staying warm!
 
 
Katie
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Katie! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Unfortunately, we moved away from Oklahoma and our Keepers friends before we had a chance to have our first pinning ceremony. I do not think the girls there continued after we moved. I really loved it and wish that we had a group of girls we could do it here in Missouri. Have fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete