Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23


Saturday, January 4, 2014

Overnight Cinnamon Rolls

Since it has been over a month since my last post, I thought I would write a quick one about my very first attempt at cinnamon rolls.  (And try out this new labeling system I've started here on my blog.) 

When I do eat breakfast, I'm normally a "salty" foods only kind of girl.  Just the idea of something heavy covered in sugar for breakfast makes my stomach hurt.  Most of the time I actually make a quick "green" smoothie made with frozen fruit, spinach, milk and Greek yogurt.  Healthy and quick!  But every now and then I get a craving for cinnamon rolls.  Warm, fluffy, sweet, cinnamony???...AHH...they are so good!  Well, last night just happened to be one of those times.  I'm not very happy with the timing of my rare cinnamon roll craving though.  Being New Year's with resolutions and all that.  But my craving won out over my resolutions and I started searching the Internet for an EASY cinnamon roll recipe.  (Did I mention I hate baking!)  I came across this overnight recipe for refrigerator cinnamon rolls and decided to give it a try.  Despite my lack of baking skills, they turned out great!  They did turn out a bit bigger than I thought they would.  I think next time (and there will be a next time) I will divide the dough in half and make two pans.  A friend even suggested freezing the second pan and whipping up a quick batch of icing whenever I decide to use them.  Speaking of icing, the author of this recipe also provides a link to a very delicious "Cinnabon like" frosting.  Yes, that was my icing of choice.  Sigh, they were SO good.  Now time to hit the treadmill and work on some of those resolutions. 

Here are a few pictures of the cinnamon rolls and my precious little assistant who was all too happy to help out with cleaning the dishes.  :)


 

 
 
Check back later for an update of our homeschooling adventures for the months of November and December. 
 
Happy New Year!!
 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment