Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life. Proverbs 4:23


Monday, January 7, 2013

2013

Welcome 2013!!!!

We took a nice long (well deserved) break for the holidays.  While the R&R was very nice, we are glad to be back at school.  When I asked our little school girl if she was ready to start back to school, I expected the typical moans of a school-age kid.  Like..."I don't wanna!" or "Do we have to?" or even a big "NOOOO!!!"  But we had none of that.  She said (paraphrasing) that she was ready to get back to learning to read, learning Bible verses and stories, writing letters (of the alphabet), doing math with numbers, and mazes (she LOVES to do mazes).  Now that truly warmed my heart.  I hope that she will always feel that way about learning.  Learning truly can be an exciting adventure.  :)

I look forward to documenting our adventures in homeschooling in 2013 and hope that you will follow along.  Feel free to comment, encourage, offer advice, leave cool ideas, etc.  I love new ideas!  And I especially need all the advice and encouragement I can get since we are a "first generation" homeschooling family.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I leave you with these words for all you do or plan to do in the new year.

"WHATEVER YOU DO, WORK AT IT WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AS WORKING FOR THE LORD, NOT FOR MEN..."  COLOSSIANS 3:23

And this one for a bit of fun....

"DO OR DO NOT.....THERE IS NO TRY."  YODA

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful family! Keep up the good work.
    I have been home schooling for 16 years now and I love to see the fruits of all my work as they get older and are having children of their own. I have many more years to go, but it is worth every minute.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete